Innovative, patrimonial and respectful of the environment, the Wesserling Park Gardens are a real place of artistic and contemporary expression, of exchanges with the gardeners, of communication with nature but also a playground for young and old children. Gardens to live in, to share: see, smell, touch, taste, listen! It’s up to everyone to discover their senses by allowing themselves to explore the extraordinary gardens of the Wesserling Park.
The Garden of the Wesserling Park
► 5 surprising garden to discover
Five gardens are distinguished by their different atmospheres and numerous trees of various species. They consist of :
- a surprising vegetable garden with textile patterns: rich in colours, aromas and flavors
- a regular French garden: large spaces and geometric rigour
- the Mediterranean terraces: exotic and fragrant
- the English park: mysterious and romantic
- the rural park: peaceful calm and discreet charm
► A barefoot trail
In the English-style Park (one of the 5 gardens) there is a barefoot path where young and old are invited to take off their shoes to (re)discover forgotten sensations (clay, seeds, bark, etc.) with the tips of their feet.
► Relaxation areas
Benches, hammocks, deckchairs… are at your disposal throughout your visit to take full advantage of the atmosphere that our gardens have to offer.
► Play areas
You will also find many games in our gardens as well as several facilities dedicated to children: slides, swings, etc.
Our Garden Events
The Gardens come alive throughout the year with many unmissable events in Alsace. Among them we find :
- The Garden Festival: from June to October
- Evening enchantments in the garden: August (during week-ends)
- “La Fête du Potager” (vegetable garden party): the last Sunday of August
- Christmas in the Garden: 19 evenings in December
The Association de Gestion et d’Animation du Parc de Wesserling leads a proactive policy of animation and restoration of the gardens. The vegetable garden is supported by the “Association des jardins de Wesserling”.
- Industrial Heritage
- Textile Museum
Reopening of the Wesserling park
Tick-tock… The park opens its doors again soon! The culture world is paralyzed, but in Wesserling, time has not stood still. For weeks now, we’ve been working hard to bring you the most beautiful reopening. […]