Innovative, patrimonial and respectful of the environment, the Wesserling Park Gardens are a real place of artistic and contemporary expression, of exchanges with the gardeners, of communication with nature but also a playground for young and old children. Gardens to live in, to share: see, smell, touch, taste, listen! It’s up to everyone to discover their senses by allowing themselves to explore the extraordinary gardens of the Wesserling Park.
– ENCLOSED GARDENS –
|Schedule of the meeting with a gardener|
The Garden of the Wesserling Park
► 5 surprising garden to discover
Five gardens are distinguished by their different atmospheres and numerous trees of various species. They consist of :
- a surprising vegetable garden with textile patterns: rich in colours, aromas and flavors
- a regular French garden: large spaces and geometric rigour
- the Mediterranean terraces: exotic and fragrant
- the English park: mysterious and romantic
- the rural park: peaceful calm and discreet charm
► A barefoot trail
In the English-style Park (one of the 5 gardens) there is a barefoot path where young and old are invited to take off their shoes to (re)discover forgotten sensations (clay, seeds, bark, etc.) with the tips of their feet.
► Relaxation areas
Benches, hammocks, deckchairs… are at your disposal throughout your visit to take full advantage of the atmosphere that our gardens have to offer.
► Play areas
You will also find many games in our gardens as well as several facilities dedicated to children: slides, swings, etc.
Our Garden Events
The Gardens come alive throughout the year with many unmissable events in Alsace. Among them we find :
- The Garden Festival: from June to October
- Evening enchantments in the garden: August (during week-ends)
- “La Fête du Potager” (vegetable garden party): the last Sunday of August
- Christmas in the Garden: 19 evenings in December
The Association de Gestion et d’Animation du Parc de Wesserling leads a proactive policy of animation and restoration of the gardens. The vegetable garden is supported by the “Association des jardins de Wesserling”.